From May 7th – 9th, the German Kart Championship is going to start into its new season on the Erftlandring in Kerpen. The highest German kart racing series is going to offer a strong platform with an extensive program again. The registrations for guest drivers will be possible from April 1st.
In six weeks, the lights are going to switch to green in the DKM and its grade series. The kick-off is going to take place on the Erftlandring in Kerpen – a kart racing track with a big tradition in Germany. Numerous motorsports stars celebrated their first successes on the 1.107m long track.
This year, the DKM offers its guest drivers a special possibility. Drivers who decide after their guest start at the kick-off to participate in the entire DKM season can still register fully subsequently. The guest start fee is going to be deducted from the registration fee and the points of the races are going to count.
Additionally, the race in Kerpen offers the last opportunity for all participants of the FIA Karting European Championship to get ready for the kick-off that is going to take place a week later in Belgian Genk, 100km away.
Of course, the DKM organizational team as well as the Kart-Club Kerpen e.V. attach great importance to the compliance with the Corona hygiene- and security-regulations. It’s currently being checked if drivers and team members can take a Corona test before and after the race. At the same time, every participant with the registration- or entry-confirmation is going to receive an invitation, so that a problem-free travel will be secured.
All information regarding the current DKM-season can be accessed at the DMSB-portal at https://www.dmsb-sport.de/DKM_Einschreibung_2021_12305. There, interested drivers can register for the 2021 season or enter guest registrations.
Key-Facts regarding DKM season 2021:
- Registration for all classes possible until two weeks before a respective race.
- Payment of registration fees for all classes (DKM, DJKM, DSKM and DSKC) until May 1st 2021.
- No late fee for registrations after February 28th 2021.
- Consistent registration fees of 3.200€ for DKM, DJKM and DSKM, as well as 2.900€ for DSKC.
- Security- and hygiene-fee of 500€ (100 € per race weekend) per driver, which is going to be transmitted to the organizers in full for the implementation of the necessary concepts.
- Individual ranking and ranked races for DSKM and DSKC classes
- Rookie sponsoring in the DJKM and DKM classes. The best rookie
- (DJKM: born in 2009; DKM: born in 2007) won’t have to pay registration fee for the next season.
- Guest drivers from Kerpen can still fully register for their class up until two weeks before the next race (Wackersdorf). The results of the guest start are then going to count for points and the guest driver fee is going to be deducted from the registration fee.
- Extensive security- and hygiene-concept provides planning security for racing events.