Since our last club events were held on the 15th March 2020, before Covid-19 came along, we have all been forced to adapt to a different way of living. We have all been required to dramatically change the way we do things in our personal life, our businesses, our careers and we are all missing the sports and recreational activities we enjoyed so much prior to Covid-19.
As most of us already know we find out in just under two weeks if we are going to move to Level 2 and if we do, what the new Level 2 might look like.
The KartSport New Zealand Executive and Management are working on putting procedures in place so when we are given the green light by the Government to open our Club’s tracks again for practice and competition, we can all do this together for the safety of one another and for the benefit of our sport.
We are nearly there karters, hopefully, the gates can be opened soon and you can start testing and putting in some laps in your karts that are so clean from all the attention they have received, they are probably looking like they are brand new.
A lot of hard work goes into preparing, organising and running our hosted, larger Series and Group E Events. The decisions to postpone or cancel some of these events wasn’t taken lightly and were made inconjunction with, and supported by, the respective Host Clubs and Series Promoters and by the Executive and Management. We know some of these changes will disappoint some people, however, they have been made after taking many issues into account.
These decisions will result in changes to Series rounds, dates and venues, all of which will be announced inconjunction with the respective promoters in due course, once we have a firm understanding of the government Level 2 requirements (not expected for another 5 days or so).
Key decisions include:
- The 2020 National Sprint Championships have been cancelled. KartSport Canterbury will host the 2021 National Sprint Championships during Easter 2021.
- The 2020 National Schools Championships have been cancelled. KartSport Tokoroa will host the 2021 National Schools Championships, date TBC.
- 2020 Sunbelts – Cancelled
- 2020 Mainland Series – Cancelled for 2020.
- Prokart Rounds 2 and 3 – Postponed (new dates yet to be set)
- WPKA Goldstar Round 3 and the WPKA Championships - Postponed (new dates yet to set)
- Superkart Series R3 – Postponed (new date subject to track availability and hire)
- 2020 Top Half Series – Is under review with the Series Promotor.
- Club Days – Club Days during Covid-19 restrictions cancelled until the end of May 2020 (subject to change) and all Club days during the month of June postponed (subject to change)
The KartSport New Zealand Executive and Management will be running a Zoom Meeting with the Club Presidents next week for further discussion about the 2020 Event Calendar going forward (date and time to be confirmed)
Link to our Current 2020 Event Calendar as at 1 May 2020.